This book will guide you on how to use essential tools such as debuggers, disassemblers, and sandboxes to dissect malware samples. It will expose your innards and then build a report of their indicators of compromise along with detection rule sets that will enable you to help contain the outbreak when faced with such a situation.
What you will learn:
- Use the positional number system for clear conception of Boolean algebra, that applies to malware research purposes.
- Get introduced to static and dynamic analysis methodologies and build your own malware lab
- Analyse destructive malware samples from the real world (ITW) from fingerprinting and static/dynamic analysis to the final debrief
- Understand different modes of linking and how to compile your own libraries from assembly code and integrate the codein your final program
- Get to know about the various emulators, debuggers and their features, and sandboxes and set them up effectively depending on the required scenario
- Deal with other malware vectors such as pdf and MS-Office based malware as well as scripts and shellcode
Free offer expires 1/18/17