Online security threats are a growing concern. Troubling security breaches seem to appear in the news on a regular basis. Meanwhile, there is no shortage of advertisements for products and services offering to protect consumers from online fraud and other scams. Consumers and business owners alike understand that threats to online security exist and require a proactive approach. For example:
- The average total cost of a data breach rose by 23 percent over the last two years.
- Zero-day vulnerabilities increased by 125 percent over the last three years.
- 4,885 identities were exposed per breach.
- 78 percent of sites scanned by Symantec in 2015 contained vulnerabilities.
- Symantec blocked more than 100 million tech support scams in 2015.